Welcome to my A2 Media Studies Blog. Here I will present my research and planning for my production of a promotional film trailer alongside two ancillary products; a poster and a magazine cover, where I have tried to incorporate typical codes and conventions of existing media products. On the right hand side is a link to my Foundation Portfolio where you can see my skills development throughout the course, as I adopted new techniques and abilities.

5 July 2011

About A Girl Response

About A Girl is an award winning short film, roughly 9 minutes in length, that follows a 13 year old girl and her internal monologue. After what I felt was a boring start to the film, I began to sympathise with her character as it is revealed she is very lonely within her family, this view is emphasised with the use of different camera angles and shots to make her seem more isolated. We find out her parents are divorced and neither her mother nor her father spend a great deal of time with her. It takes two viewings of the film to appreciate the references she makes throughout. Slight comments and anecdotes such as the story of her and her brother getting a dog and keeping it well hidden from their mother has great reference to the end scene of the film which can only be picked up during a second viewing. Also, the Britney Spears lyrics play a large role in the story, she sings "I'm not that innocent' which is obvious by the end of the film, however, this is juxtaposed with her final statement in reference to buying a 99 ice cream. This shows that although she has dealt with all the drama, she is still only a child. The film was shocking, and towards the end attention grabbing dealing with current issues of the country today.

No comments:

Post a Comment