Welcome to my A2 Media Studies Blog. Here I will present my research and planning for my production of a promotional film trailer alongside two ancillary products; a poster and a magazine cover, where I have tried to incorporate typical codes and conventions of existing media products. On the right hand side is a link to my Foundation Portfolio where you can see my skills development throughout the course, as I adopted new techniques and abilities.

3 November 2011

Questionnaire Results

I have compiled the results of my audience questionnaire in order to get feedback on what viewers want from a trailer

Results

The results show that among an age 15-21 target audience, comedy and horror are the two most popular genres and a mixture of social networking, television, Youtube and cinemas are the tools most used to watch trailers. The answers revealed that the on screen image is the most effective part of a trailer, but also that the plot is a key factor when someone is watching a film. This means that I will have to use both a strong image and narrative to attract an audience for my trailer as well as minimising the use of text.

No comments:

Post a Comment