Welcome to my A2 Media Studies Blog. Here I will present my research and planning for my production of a promotional film trailer alongside two ancillary products; a poster and a magazine cover, where I have tried to incorporate typical codes and conventions of existing media products. On the right hand side is a link to my Foundation Portfolio where you can see my skills development throughout the course, as I adopted new techniques and abilities.

15 September 2011

Identity

Stranded at a desolate Nevada motel during a nasty rainstorm, ten strangers become acquainted with each other when they realize that they're being killed off one by one. [IMDB]















Teaser trailer



  • Introduces the key characters of the film, without revealing too much information about the plot line 
  • Kept short to ensure viewer is not bored and to maintain their attention
  • Creates confusion for the viewer with quick editing and close up shots of faces 
  • Location adds to the effect of the trailer, the use of storms and rain create a more chaotic situation. 
  • Editing is used throughout the trailer to create the effect of lightning


No comments:

Post a Comment