Welcome to my A2 Media Studies Blog. Here I will present my research and planning for my production of a promotional film trailer alongside two ancillary products; a poster and a magazine cover, where I have tried to incorporate typical codes and conventions of existing media products. On the right hand side is a link to my Foundation Portfolio where you can see my skills development throughout the course, as I adopted new techniques and abilities.

2 October 2011

The Film Industry


The Film Industry

Production:
A production company will have to find funding for a new film idea from a distributor. If the distributors enjoy the idea of the film, they will provide funding for the production company to finance the film making. The three main stages of production are
1. Pre-production - planning, designing, casting etc
2. Production - shooting the film
3. Post-production - editing, adding sound and special effects

Distribution:
A film distributor is a company or individual responsible for releasing films to the public either theatrically or for home viewing (DVD, Video-On-Demand, Download, Television programs through broadcast syndication etc.)
Once the film has been produced then the distributors begin to market the film with posters, interviews, merchandise, soundtracks and trailers. Seeing as the distributor provided most of the money for the film they receive the majority of the profit.

Exhibition:
Exhibition refers to the showing and screening of the film, for example:
- Cinemas
- DVD rentals and sales
- Television screenings

No comments:

Post a Comment